Strong opposition to Australia Post's proposed pay changes
The clear message from CWU members is that Australia Post needs to change its proposal that will cause employees to lose one week’s pay – even though they offer a loan.
The initial response from members indicates very strong opposition. Click here to have your say.
What members are saying?
- Hold Ahmed’s pay until he leaves!
- Not fair. Many people live from pay to pay.
- The week’s pay should be paid up front.
- We already put in more hours than we are paid.
- This is insane. I live on one wage.
- $600 does not even cover a week’s pay. Every time we get paid over next 6 weeks we give back $200. NO thanks.
- They should give us $600 for the inconvenience and lack of decent pay increases.
- Digital mailbox rubbish. Speak from experience as an ex-subscriber.
- This is to give the digital mailbox 30,000+ new clients who would not otherwise join up.
- Post makes a lot of mistakes. Need paper payslip to show my PM where mistakes are.
- It would be easier to hid mistakes this way.
Your CWU National Office believes that if Australia Post wants to shift the pay period by one week this can be achieved without any loss of pay. Simply, all Post has to do is to have one pay period of one week, and pay a week’s pay in that week.
The CWU National Office and Branch representatives will have a further meeting with Post next week.