Telstra Modern Award - NO threat to redundancy entitlements
The CWU has been receiving a number of calls from members concerned about the impact of Telstra modern award on their current redundancy entitlements.
It appears that some members have been told that the CWU has agreed to these entitlements being reduced as part of the award modernisation process. THIS IS NOT TRUE.
The facts in relation to redundancy are these:
- Currently there is a maximum 80 weeks payout provided for your redundancy in the Telstra Enterprise Agreement 2012-15. THIS HAS NOT CHANGED.
- This can only change if you vote in favour of such a change in the next (2015) or some future Enterprise Agreements.
- Unlike the current Enterprise Agreement, the former Telstra Awards contained no redundancy payout entitlements.
- In the new Telstra Modern Award the maximum redundancy payout will be 40 weeks’ pay. This is a minimum safety net entitlement only but will provide a stronger safety net than existed before.
- Your actual redundancy entitlements is STILL PROTECTED by the Telstra Enterprise Agreement 2012-15.
For further clarification you can contact the CWU National Office. P: 03 9349 2100